How good has Zach Johnson been over his last 14 starts on the PGA Tour, since the John Deere Classic last July, including 2 Majors and all 4 events in the FedEx Cup finals?
Lets compare his performance to par vs the other top 10 players in the world over the last 14 events each has played on the PGA Tour, as listed on the season stats of each player on the website PGATour.com.
Johnson’s cumulative score to par is 151 under over the 14 events, consisting of 56 rounds.
Zach has made all 14 cuts, has 11 top 10’s in the 14 events, including 3 wins in that stretch.
Here is how the other top players in the world have fared over their last 14 events on the PGA Tour (not all players of course have the same 14 events).
1. World #1 Tiger Woods is 57 under par, vs. Zach’s 151 under par.
2. World #2 Adam Scott is 47 under par.
3. World #3 Henrik Stenson is 49 under par.
4. World #4 Phil Mickelson is 35 under par
5. World #5 Justin Rose is 52 under par
6. World #6 Zach Johnson is 151 under par
7. World #7 Rory McIlroy is 10 under par
8. World #8 Matt Kuchar is 64 under par
9. World #9 Sergio Garcia is 37 under par
10. World #10 Jason Day is 27 under par
To put it another way, the other 9 players in the Official World Golf Ranking are a total of 378 under par in their last 14 events on the PGA Tour, or an average of 42 under par. At 151 under par, Zach is over 3.5 times the average in terms of cumulative under par. In fact his 151 under par represents 29% of the total under par of the top 10 in the World Rankings!
Share with Friends below -->